Have you got kids and fed up of them staying indoors all the time? Then why don’t you encourage them to get outdoors and join a sport, there are plenty of sports which they can pick from, for example: football, netball, cricket, rugby, athletics and golf, and that is only a small amount of sports which they can choose from. So the question is, why should you encourage your kids to join a sport? Well here are some reasons:
- Playing a sport improves your overall health, mentally and physically. With the rising number of child obesity, it is more important than ever to get the younger generation active. Not only do sports involve a lot of cardio, but they also help build your strength and think on your feet.
- Joining a sports team is vital when wanting to develop your kid’s social skills, there are plenty of kids the same ages which they will be able to play with. Not only will it boost their confidence and make it easier to build relationships with other people, but they will also learn to follow rules and guidelines – helping them in further life.
- I am not saying your child could turn into the next David Beckham or Paula Radcliffe however they could definitely go somewhere in the sporting career. Many children who love playing sports and participating in events in their early life, do end up doing something to do with sports later on. Whether it is studying sports at college or university, teaching it or even becoming an athlete themselves.
- Exercise is a great way to relieve stress.
- Like I previously said, being a part of a sports team is incredibly important in building self-esteem and confidence, and developing their social skills. However, it is also great for creating long lasting friends.
- Playing a sport which you love is great fun not to mention you can make memories and visit places on tournaments you have never gone before.
- Playing a sport isn’t just about making friends and spending time with them, but it is also about spending quality time with your family as well.
As you can see there are plenty of benefits to why you should encourage your child to join a sports team, but not only this you should also allow them to go on sports tours around the world too. Many parents worry about their children, but they will be in capable hands, whether it is with their school, a company, or even just their local sports team. Going on sports tours will give your kid the opportunity to play against a variety of people and locations in the world, not to mention they can learn more about different cultures which they’re travelling to, but can also treat it as a mini holiday.