If you struggle with ongoing digestive symptoms it could be time to start looking after your gut a little more – This would be highly beneficial to you and you would definitely notice an overall health boost. Here is exactly what you should do:
- Remove all aggravating food and drink such as alcohol, caffeine, gains, beans, pulse, dairy products, sugar and artificial sweeteners. These can all irritate our gut linings and cause health problems.
- Replace these foods and drinks with ones that support great digestive health such as beetroot and artichokes. It is also advised to drink lemon juice in warm water before meals and include rocket, watercress and chicory in our meals.
- Introduce our gut to friendly bacteria such as kefir grains, yoghurt, kimchi and homemade pickles, these will allow your gut to flourish tenfold.
- Include protein rich foods in your diet such as chicken, fish and eggs as these are important for the gut lining. You should aim to take in 60-80g of protein each day.
- Try not to eat after a certain time, this will obviously depend what time you eat your evening meal, but after that, try not to snack. Also ensure that you chew all of your food properly.
- Try not to get too stressed out as this can also be detrimental, if you are feeling stressed or uptight, try and chill out, going to yoga classes, reading, or anything else that enables you to unwind.